Monday, January 5, 2009

Sheepishly Cheap Nursing Pads

I've been planning a sub-section of this blog to put up examples of the ways people are sheepishly cheap. Like spending big money on eating out, but agonizing over finding the most dirt-cheap hotel to stay at on a trip. Or getting fancy suits, but getting a secret thrill out of finding $1/pair socks.

This little ditty about using cut up panty liners as nursing pads would DEFINITELY qualify as a "sheepishly cheap" thing for me, since the only reason I'd do it is for a better deal, but the author, Amy Storch's reasoning is pretty sound and based not just on price, but comfort too. I learned the "panty liner" trick at the hospital this second time around - since I'd had a c-section and was there when my milk came in (you stay longer)  - I was surprised they didn't have nursing pads... until a nurse snipped up a couple of those gigunda sanitary pads and told me to stuff my bra with 'em. Pretty brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment